Thursday, February 5, 2009

Untitled and Not Mine

(Disclaimer: While I thought I would keep Carrie's Doodle Pad a collection of things written by only me, I've found that I have in my possession beautiful unpublished works of art written by others. Most of these creations also have a poetic back story - The poem below was part of a letter that I received from a very talented friend. I had no idea before I read it how he felt, and at the time I was engaged to someone else. After my engagement fell apart I tried to find the author but by that time he had vanished completely from my life. I haven't heard from him since.)

I saw you again today
As I have before
Many times.
You graced me with the
Beautiful smile you know
I love.
I greeted you with the same.
As we spoke
My eyes partook of your
Complete beauty.
They trace the lines of your face
The shape of your body.
I watch in awe,
Even the slightest movement
The epitome of elegance.
Not a day passes
Thoughts of you don't fill my mind.
I have fallen secretly in love with you.
My desire consuming me.
Your voice
Like music
Blesses my ears.
Your angelic presence
Drives me mad with love.
How I wish for you in my life.
I want nothing else
But you.
Your eyes a window to heaven.
Your whole being
A celestial wonder.
Yet I pass you by.
The uncertainty in my soul
Preventing me from
Advancing my endeavors.
I abandon my efforts
In hopes of something better.
My own fear
Denying me what I truly desire.
Alas,
The circle begins again.

-P.W.

No comments: